- Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI)
- Residency: Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals (Milwaukee, WI), St Luke's Medical Center (Milwaukee, WI)
- Fellowship: Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals (Milwaukee, WI)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison — 2017
- University of Wisconsin-Madison — 2013
Dr. Lonie Salkowski received her bachelor of science at Mount Mary College in Biology and Chemistry and her doctor of medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She completed Transitional and Nuclear Medicine residency training at St. Luke's Medical Center in Milwaukee, WI, followed by a Radiology residency and Breast Imaging fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Her interest in teaching at all levels from medical students to colleagues has developed into an area of research interest. Through these experiences, she became increasingly interested in curriculum development and the mechanisms by which students learn and assimilate concepts. This pursuit began at MCW and in her time at UW, she has integrated computer-based radiologic anatomy curriculum into the UW Anatomy 711 course in small group settings. These interests have lead to her membership in the Anatomy Task Force and Year 1 Curriculum Development Committees.