- Undergraduate: Oklahoma State University (Stillwater, OK)
- Medical School: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (Dallas, TX)
- Internship: University of Texas Southern Medical Center (Dallas, TX)
- Residency: University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics (Madison, WI)
- Fellowship: Neuroradiology, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics (Madison, WI)
Dr. Richard Bruce is an Associate Professor of Radiology and the Medical Director of Radiology Informatics in the Neuroradiology Section. He joined the faculty in 2009 after completing his residency and neuroradiology fellowship at UW–Madison. Prior to entering medicine, he received his bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from Oklahoma State University. He has been actively involved in computing resource and network implementation since the mid-1990s and previously worked as an internetwork engineer for Cisco Systems. Dr. Bruce's interests include workflow optimization and quality improvement through the development and integration of information technologies. He works closely with Enterprise Imaging to improve medical imaging delivery both within UW Health and to outreach partners. Additionally, his research interests include advanced MR angiography techniques. His personal interests include family, church, video production, shooting sports, cycling, and cooking.