Weibo Cai, Ph.D.
Dr. Weibo Cai is an Assistant Professor of Radiology and Medical Physics at the University of Wisconsin - Madison.
He received his Ph.D. degree in Chemistry from the University of California, San Diego in 2004, and did his postdoctoral
research at the Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford University. In February 2008, Dr. Cai joined the University of
Wisconsin - Madison as a Biomedical Engineering Cluster Hire, and his research here has focused on molecular imaging and
nanotechnology (http://mi.wisc.edu/ (external link)).
Dr. Cai has authored over 110 peer-reviewed articles, 11 book chapters, and more than 100 conference abstracts. He has won many prestigious awards, including the Society of Nuclear Medicine Young Professionals Committee Best Basic Science Award (2007), the Wisconsin Partnership Program MERC New Investigator Award (2009-2012), the Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program IDEA Award (2011-2014), the European Association of Nuclear Medicine Springer Prize (2011), and the European Association of Nuclear Medicine Eckert & Ziegler Abstract Award (2012), among others. Dr. Cai has served on the editorial boards of 18 scientific journals, performed peer review for over 90 journals, participated in many grant review panels, and chaired sessions at multiple international conferences. Prof. Cai is the Executive Editor of the American Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (http://www.ajnmmi.us (external link)), which was launched in 2011 and is now fully indexed in PubMed.
In the News
- Dr. Weibo Cai Appointed to SNMMI Committees
- Dr. Weibo Cai Instrumental in Development of Nanoparticles
- Grants Galore At The UW Molecular Imaging And Nanotechnology Laboratory
- Dr. Cai To Serve In Three Advisory Positions In Pharmaceutical Biotechnology And Molecular Imaging
- Dr. Cai Garners Prestigious Vilas Associate Award
- Dr. Cai Elected To Three Leadership Positions In Cancer Research
- Dr. Weibo Cai To Attend SNMMI Future Leaders Academy
- New Book, Engineering in Translational Medicine, edited by Prof. Cai, to be Published in Late 2013
- Dr. Cai's Prostate Cancer Research Recognized By U.S. Department Of Defense
- For 3rd Consecutive Year, Dr. Cai Garners Award from European Association of Nuclear Medicine
- Dr. Weibo Cai Awarded a $720K American Cancer Society Research Scholar Grant
- Cai group shines for 3rd year in a row at SNMMI Annual Meeting
- Cai Elected to SNMMI Radiopharmaceutical Sciences Council Board of Directors
- Cai Awarded a R01 Grant on Development of Molecular Imaging Agents
- Dr. Cai Receives 2012 EANM Abstract Award
- Dr. Weibo Cai Awarded 2012 EANM Eckert & Ziegler Abstract Award
- Cai Group Shines at Society of Nuclear Medicine Annual Meeting
- More Accomplishments from Cai Research Group
- Prestigious SNM Award Goes to UW Radiology Research Associate
- Molecular Imaging and Nanotechnology Lab Awarded $154K Grant
- Cai Invited by Science/AAAS to Give a Webinar on Stem Cell Imaging
- Research from Cai Molecular Imaging and Nanotechnology Laboratory Highlighted in Radiology Today
- Professor Cai Invited to Join Cancer Review Committee
- Dr. Cai's Lab Granted Nearly $1.1M for Prostate and Breast Cancer Research
- UW Radiology molecular imaging researchers awarded Susan G. Komen Foundation grant