Aaron S. Field, MD, PhD
Dr. Field is Chief of Neuroradiology and Professor (with Tenure) in the Department of Radiology with an affiliate appointment in Biomedical Engineering. He is internationally known for his contributions to the development and clinical translation of advanced magnetic resonance (MR) techniques for imaging the brain, particularly for diseases of white matter including multiple sclerosis (MS).
Dr. Field attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign from 1980-1985, receiving his Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Electrical Engineering. He received the M.D./Ph.D. (Bioengineering) degrees from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago in 1993. His postgraduate training included a medical internship at Northwestern University/Evanston Hospital (1993-94), residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center in Chicago, IL (1994-98), and fellowship in Neuroradiology at Wake Forest University (Bowman Gray) in Winston-Salem, NC (1999-2001).
In the News
- What's Next for Our 2015 Outgoing Residents?
- Vol. 12 -- UW Impresses at Spring Educational Conferences
- Fellow Justin Brucker, M.D. Repeats at ASNR 15
- Brucker Earns ASNR Presentation Award
- Dr. Aaron Field Appears As A Scientific Expert In Documentary On Skiing, Multiple Sclerosis
- Dr. Howard Rowley And Son To Present Incidental Findings Research At ECR
- Dr. Aaron Field Supports Multiple Sclerosis Benefit
- Dr. Field Named Distinguished Reviewer Of Journal Of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Dr. Aaron Field, UW radiologists rock out in "Fringe Field"
- Dr. Field Selected for AUR-Afga Radiology Management Program
- Drs. Davis, Field Enter New Roles as Section Chiefs
- Dr. Field Discusses MS on WTDY
- Field, Reeder Receive Outstanding Teaching Awards at ISMRM
- Dr. Field Awarded National MS Society grant for CCSVI Research
- Dr. Field Awarded U.S. Department of Defense Grant for Multiple Sclerosis Imaging Research
- Shapiro Awards, Summer 2010
- MRI Research Group awarded $1.3M NIH grant
- Eleven in Radiology Named to Best Doctors in America for 2006