IR Multidisciplinary Conferences
UW Liver Tumor Board: This occurs every Friday at 12:30 PM in hospital conference room G5/134.
Hepatobiliary Conference: This occurs every Tuesday morning at 8am in the medical school (HSLC 1229).
VA Liver Tumor Board: This occurs at 3:30 pm in the GRECC conference room on the fourth floor at the VA on the second and fourth Thursday of each calendar month.
VA Lung Nodule Conference: This occurs the first Thursday of the month at noon in the VA transplant conference room on the fifth floor.
- Patient care/pharmacology
- Radiation safety
- Reducing occupational hazards.
- IR clinical practice/radiology team
- Legal Issues
- IR clinical practice
- Job Interviewing/CV maintenance
- Noninvasive vascular imaging
- Vascular diagnoses
- Vascular intervention
- Intra-arterial therapy for metastatic disease
- Intra-arterial therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma
- GI Bleeding
- Vascular Anomalies
- Deep venous thrombosis thrombolysis
- IVC Filters/pulmonary embolism thrombolysis
- Bronchial artery embolization
- Pelvic congestion syndrome, varicocele, high flow priapism
- Uterine fibroid embolization and post partum bleeding
- Portal hypertension
- Venous sampling
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Renal vascular disease
- Carotid vascular disease
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm/dissection
- Peripheral venous disease.
- Central venous access
- Medical Oncology
- Spine interventions.
- Genitourinary interventions
- Biliary disease
- Image guided biopsy
- Image guided aspiration and drainage
Journal Club x 13 (once every block)
Other Educational Conferences
VA Rad Path Conference: This is run by the IR residents and is scheduled on the second Thursday of each month at 6:45 AM. Non-diagnostic biopsies are reviewed and two interesting rad-path cases are presented.
Interesting Case Conference: This is scheduled on the last Tuesday of each resident block. It takes place at 7:00 am in the IR reading room. IR residents present interesting cases.