Application materials should be submitted through ERAS at http://www.aamc.org/eras by October 1.
Applications will be considered complete when we have electronically received the following items:
- completed ERAS application, including a brief (less than one page) personal statement indicating your goals and reasons for selecting a radiology residency
- three letters of recommendation
- medical school transcripts
- USMLE transcript or Board scores (COMLEX transcripts do NOT satisfy this requirement)
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE – Dean’s letter)
Interviews are conducted during October, November, and December.
We interview for eight radiology residency positions. Four categorical positions are offered, including two preliminary medicine positions with the Internal Medicine Department and two preliminary surgery positions with the Surgery Department at University Hospital. The categorical positions include 2 months spent with the UW Department of Radiology. The remaining four positions are advanced track positions, which begin at the PGY-2 level following the completion of an internship year. The application and interview process is the same for both categorical and advanced positions, and there is not a separate interview for the preliminary positions. If any of the categorical positions go unfilled, then they are donated to the advanced track. The advanced track matches a minimum of four positions, and up to eight positions, depending on the categorical track outcomes.
- Advanced Track NRMP Program Code: 1779420A0
- Categorical Track – Internal Medicine NMRP Program Code: 1779420C0
- Categorical Track – General Surgery NMRP Program Code: 1779420C1
- IR/DR NMRP Program Code: Not yet ACGME-approved. We expect approval for 2018 Match.
Please address all correspondence to:
Residency Program Director
Department of Radiology
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792-3252
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact , GME Coordinator at .