Criteria for Visiting Student Applications
The School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison reviews applications for visiting students meeting all of the following criteria:
- The student is a U.S. citizen, Canadian citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- The student is currently enrolled in an LCME or AOA accredited medical school
- The student is in his/her final year of training at the time they will be rotating in the School of Medicine and Public Health
- The student has received a passing score on USMLE Step 1
There are no exceptions to these criteria.
Visiting Medical Students at University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
Each year, in mid-April, an updated elective catalog is published. On the final Friday of April we begin accepting applications for the upcoming academic year. In mid-May we begin processing visiting student applications. Please…
- Visit the VSAS website to apply. Or go directly to University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health VSAS information page.
- Students from LCME-accredited Canadian schools should contact email@example.com for instructions to apply outside of VSAS
- Do not contact departments or course directors unless directed to do so as outlined in the departmental links, below.
Affiliation agreement: An affiliation agreement between the visiting student’s home institution and UW-Madison is required. Agreements must be initiated by the home institution. This UW Box folder contains the AAMC Uniform Affiliation Agreement, UW Implementation Letter, and information/instructions. For questions specifically relating to affiliation agreements, please have your institution contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visiting students seeking rotations in the following departments should select the appropriate link for additional department-specific information: